Thursday 3 April 2014

OVER 10 YEARS...



Writing letters became the order of my day...

I dint believe people change or that love dies
I loved her and she loved me, we were play mates, party mates, food mates and we cared so much about each other. Most times we quarreled but they found a way to overcome it.

After college Jane told me she was leaving Australia to continue her study in Nigeria  leaving me behind. I couldn't stop her because her mum had made her decision and neither could I follow her because I  had nothing there for me nor anybody I knew.
But Jane had to go, so she left.. We used to chat via Facebook and I would call her and we would talk. she one day asked me "Tom are we ever going be together forever?" and I said " one day I would come get you and marry you" but I was just 21 and she was 18.

one Friday I got a per time job at a medical outlet and I wanted to tell her but her phone was switched  off so I decided to send her a message on Facebook which I did but there was no reply and I was a little worried. I sent another message to her telling her that I am ready to come over to spend time with her in Nigeria tat all I needed was her address but still no reply. I thought just maybe she wasn't allowed to access her Facebook anymore so I decided to mail her yet there was no reply and I was too worried.

But I still saw pictures of her on Facebook and I thought she probably dint have my time and its over a year since she left. so I decide to focus on my career for three (3) years I abandoned face book to pursue my career. when I was done with school I realized its been four years since I last spoke to Jane so I tried her number and mails again but to no avail. I was at work one Saturday night and I bumped into her old friend who gave me Jane's address.
When I got back home I decided to send letters everyday in a year to the address I was given and I did that for another 6 years telling her how I missed her and that I hadn't forgotten my promise to marry her and that if I had offended her I was sorry.

i got an alert on my phone one afternoon from Facebook. A good looking guy as old as me who posted a picture of her saying "I miss you darling" and I thought oh! she probably is in love with someone else
but I was certain that she loved me, so I got a ticket to take me to Nigeria to find Jane. Wen I got to the address I used to send all those letters to I saw all my letters in the mail box.

I knocked and her mum opened her door, I asked "where is Jane" and she said she died 10yrs ago
Tom ran to the nearest bus stop took a taxi to the airport and traveled back to Australia and said to himself "this must be a Joke!"

No comments:

Post a Comment