Thursday 3 April 2014

IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE FIRST!


I got it! I got the ticket! My first summer outside Nigeria!

I always envied my friends when they told me of their vacations. Today, it is exactly one week after I got my free ticket to France; I was headed for the airport. I was anxious, it was my first flight ever and I was very excited.
I got to France a day after to spend a couple of days...
 I was led to the room by the receptionist the hotel was nothing like home, and it felt like heaven! My room was on the fourth floor, when I entered the elevator it was like space!
So many luxuries, I was stunned by the beautiful environment. I took pictures to lay as proof to my friends that I left Nigeria for summer.
At 1:30 pm the next day I decided to explore so I had my first stroll,
 France is indeed big and beautiful as everyone claims,
 but just as I stumbled upon a big attractive building one mile away from the hotel, there was a tall handsome man I saw.
 I could stare all day, but I didn’t I was too curious to discover what was in the building, so I walked confidently into the building and I was amazed!
People shopping, eating, watching movies, gambling and more, it was something I had never seen it was like a different world.
I got a drink at the bar and as I turned to get a sit, the same man that stole my attention for a second stood in front of me and said, “I am Augustus Caprio”.
 It took me seconds to respond as I was still dazed by his hazel eyes and warm body physique, yet I said “I am Linda Bootleg” lovely name, he replied.
So engrossed in our discussion while we had lunch,
 Lunch? I wondered if it was the first date. He stared at me and held my hands; it was the first love I felt.  Augustus asked me to be his girlfriend without a second thought I said yes.
It was 7:35 pm I had to go home, Augustus wasn’t happy but he understood. Surprisingly, he kissed me it was like a feel of cold ice through my veins, it was the first kiss in my first relationship ever.
On my way home I felt dizzy...
 but to my consciousness I was on my bed late for my English test, I got dressed and left hurriedly.
And on my way I bumped my leg against a stone and I had a cloudy head.
 Suddenly!..
 I heard shuffling of feet and I opened my eyes to see people exit the conference hall of “the power of women”. I looked around, saw my tag, I am Cassey Thomas, still in Nigeria.

The first dream held my first love and my first kiss. If only it was not the first dream but indeed the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment